10 October, 2011

Pain Of Salvation: Road Salt Two – new album

PainOfSalvation_RoadSaltTwo

Already out in Europe and awaiting its North American release on October the 11th, 2011, listen to the new and eight album by Sweden's PAIN OF SALVATION right here at AOL Music while you can. Entitled ‘Road Salt Two’, the twin-companion to the 2010 album ‘Road Salt One’, the album is said to contain twelve tracks of sweaty gravel, asphalt butterflies, untrodden paths and brave decisions, as lovingly described by the label InsideOut Music.

“Most of the music [off the new record] is actually material that started to be recorded at the same time, so I feel that I have to look at it as a “Road Salt journey” altogether… One that has been very, very long for me, starting already back in 2005/2006. But especially since the end of 2008 it has been like a main project that has been devouring me, like all projects do. So from that perspective it almost feels odd at this point to have it sort of behind me. It’s like I say in ‘Of Dust’ [a tune off ‘Road Salt One’]: when you’ve been walking down the road for a very long time you get to the point when you can’t distinguish yourself from the road. You and your journey become the same. You change the road and the road changes you. An all-in symbiosis, for good and bad,” [elaborated PAIN OF SALVATION's lyricist, chief composer, guitarist and lead vocalist Daniel Gildenlöw:]

PAIN OF SALVATION: Conditioned – courtesy of Inside Out Music

In 1984, at the age of eleven, Daniel Gildenlöw formed his band, “Reality”, in Eskilstuna, Sweden. He renamed it to PAIN OF SALVATION in 1991 and as such the group released six studio albums and one unplugged recording previous to the ‘Road Salt’ opus; among them classics such as ‘Scarsick’ (2007), ‘BE’ (2004) and ‘Remedy Lane’ (2002).

“The thing is I never know, do I?” [replied  Gildenlöw when asked where his creative road is heading] “The only thing I can say for sure is that I am bound to change. For me that’s just what it’s all about – I keep redefining music for myself and I keep redefining myself and my relation to music. If that would stagnate I am not so sure that I would feel very pushed to move on with it, because to me music is still a lot about experimenting and expressing. If you lose that I don’t really see the point of it… After all, I’m not heavily into entertainment music.”

PAIN OF SALVATION: Where It Hurts – courtesy of Inside Out Music

PAIN OF SALVATION features: Daniel Gildenlöw – vocals and guitar, Johan Hallgren – guitar and backing vocals, Fredrik Hermansson – keyboards and backing vocals and Léo Margarit – drums and backing vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.